Downloading the Driver:
- Go to https://www.usa.canon.com/internet/portal/us/home/support
- Search for the model "imageRUNNER ADVANCE C5240A"
- Select the driver UFRII_v10.09.00_MAC.zip. *Note the version number may be different. You will need to agree to their terms before you are able to download the driver.
After the driver has been downloaded open the file.
- Open the UFRII_v10.09.00_Mac.dmg. *Note the version number may be different. Mac will mount the .dmg file and open a new finder window. Open the file UFRII_LT_LIPS_LX_Installer.pkg. Installation should begin.
- Once the driver installation window appears, click Continue.
- On the Software License Agreement window click Continue.
- Agree to the license agreement to continue installation.
- The installation window will appear. Leave the default install location and click Install.
- A window will appear asking for credentials. Enter admin level credentials and click Install Software.
- After driver is installed a summary page will be presented. Click Close.
Setting Up the Printer:
- From Finder open the System Preferences
- Once the System Preferences window opens, open the preference Printers & Scanners.
- A window will appear for Printers & Scanners. Click the plus button just below the printer listing box.
- A window will appear for adding a new printer. “Right click” the window near the top.
- Once the shortcut menu appears, click Customize Toolbar.
- When the toolbar customization menu appears, Drag the advanced button onto the toolbar.
- After you have added the Advanced icon to the toolbar. Click Done.
- Under the Add printer window, click Advanced. It will take a few seconds to load.
- Enter the following information into the corresponding fields:
| Type: Windows printer via spoolss
| Device: Another Device
| URL: smb://printserver1.fit.edu/Secure%20Print
| Name: Secure Print
| Location: printserver1.fit.edu
| For Use: select the dropdown and choose software.
Search for 5255, which will result in Canon iR-ADV C5250/5255. Highlight the driver and click OK.
(If you are using a printer other than Secure Print, replace the URL with the corresponding URL)
- Click Add, to create the printer object.
- The first time you try to print something to Secure Print it will ask for credentials.
- Type in the following:
| Name: Username@fit.edu
| Password: tracks password
- Check the box to Remember this password in my keychain and click OK.
(If you change your TRACKS password, you will need to re-add the printer or update your keychain)