IBM SPSS Statistics is an integrated family of products that addresses the entire analytical process, from planning to data collection to analysis, reporting and deployment. With more than a dozen fully integrated modules to choose from, you can find the specialized capabilities you need to increase revenue, outperform competitors, conduct research and make better decisions.
Florida Institute of Technology offers a IBM SPSS Statistics Standard Campus Edition Campus Value Unit, which allows network concurrent licensing for computer systems tagged in our Information Technology controlled open computer labs, multimedia classrooms, and mutlimedia computer labs. Faculty and staff who require the software can make such requests by contacting the Technology Support Center. Students are not permitted to have MATLAB installations. Such patrons may use one of the many computer labs controlled by Lab Support Services.
The Psychology Department offers their staff and faculty an external work-at-home installations of SPSS licenses. This specific licensing model allows their employees to use the software on non-FIT tagged computer systems. To purchase additional extensions licenses, such as AMOS, or work-at-home licenses for your department, please contact the Lab Support Services manager Thomas Couperthwaite at email@example.com.
IBM SPSS Statistics Standard Campus Edition Campus Value Unit includes the following capabilities:
- Linear models offer a variety of regression and advanced statistical procedures designed to fit the inherent characteristics of data describing complex relationships.
- Nonlinear models provide the ability to apply more sophisticated models to data.
- Simulation capabilities help analysts automatically model many possible outcomes when inputs are uncertain, improving risk analysis and decision making.
- Customized tables enable users to easily understand their data and quickly summarize results in different styles for different audiences.
- Data preparation streamlines the data preparation stage of the analytical process.
- Data validity and missing values increase the chance of receiving statistically significant results.
- Categorical and numeric data can be used to predict outcomes and reveal relationships graphically.
- Decision trees make it easier to identify groups, discover relationships between groups and predict future events.
- Forecasting features enable you to analyze historical data and predict trends faster.
- Structural equation modeling tools let you build structural equation models with more accuracy than standard multivariate statistics models using intuitive drag-and-drop functionality.
- Bootstrapping makes it simple to test the stability and reliability of models so that they produce accurate, reliable results.
- Advanced sampling assessment and testing helps make more statistically valid inferences by incorporating the sample design into survey analysis.
- Direct marketing and product decision-making tools help marketers identify the right customers easily and improve campaign results.
- High-end charts and graphs make it easy to create and share compelling visualizations that better communicate analytic results.
Maintaining of Software
The Lab Support Services, Information Technology department is primary responsible for all licenses and software maintainance. They can be contacted through the Technology Support Center.
Locatation of Software
The software can be found in all Lab Support Services, Information Technology supported multimedia classrooms, open-computer labs, and instructor workstations. For a complete list of these specific locations, please click here: Computing Labs.
Support requests can be forwarded to the Technology Support Center for processing by visiting their hompage at http://www.it.fit.edu.