The user is accountable for adherence to Florida Tech policies and procedures (Acceptable Use Policy). In addition, you are responsible for reasonable use of the tools available for maintaining the security of information stored o n each computer system. The following precautions are strongly recommended:
- Computer accounts, passwords, and other types of authorizations that are assigned to individual users should not be shared with others.
- The user should assign an obscure account password and change it frequently.
- The user should understand the level of protection each computer system automatically applies to files, and supplement it, if necessary, for sensitive or confidential information.
- The computer user should be aware of computer viruses and or other destructive computer programs, and take steps to avoid being a victim or unwitting distributor of these processes.
- Ultimate responsibility for resolution of problems related to the invasion of the user's privacy or loss of data rests with the user.