The eduroam network is Florida Tech's wifi network for current Florida Tech students, faculty, and staff. Only devices that support the "WPA 2 Enterprise" security protocol will be able to connect, and make use of it. Most modern phones and computers will support this. Please follow the instructions HERE in order to connect.
If you have a device, that does not support WPA2 Enterprise, like IoT devices, TVs or game consoles, please follow the instructions HERE to connect to the FLTech-Dorms WiFi.
If you have a wired device on the residential network, you will first need to register it here from within the FIT network. You will need your device's MAC address. You can search the web for "How to get <device name> mac address", and find specific instructions for your personal device.
- You will first need to register your device's MAC address. To do so, follow this link, and fill out the required information. It is the same process outlined for wired devices above.
- After you have successfully completed the registration process, on the device you want to connect select select the WiFi network called "FLTech-Dorms". When prompted for a password, enter "FLTechPanthers".
- Open the network icon in the lower-right corner of your screen. Find the eduroam SSID and choose it.
- You will see a prompt to connect. Make sure Connect automatically is checked and choose Connect.
- Enter your TRACKS username followed by @fit.edu. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Then enter your passphrase and choose OK.
- You will see a prompt to accept a security certificate and choose Connect.
- Choose the wifi icon in the top-right of the screen and choose the eduroam network.
- You will be prompted to enter your TRACKS username followed by @fit.edu. Example: email@example.com. Then enter your passphrase and choose Join.
- You will be prompted to Accept the certificate for the wireless network. Please choose Continue.
- Make sure your wifi is turned on and open up the wifi networks. Tap on eduroam to connect.
- Enter your TRACKS username in the Identity field followed by @fit.edu. Example: firstname.lastname@example.org. Scroll down to the password field, enter your passphrase, and choose Connect.
EAP method: PEAP
If you can't connect, your device should be should set to the following options:
Phase 2 authentication: MSCHAPV2
CA certificate: Use system certificates *Some devices do not have this option and must be set to Do not validate instead
Identity: [TRACKS username]@fit.edu
Password: Your TRACKS passphrase
- Open up Settings and choose Wi-Fi.
- Enter your TRACKS username followed by @fit.edu. Example: email@example.com. Then enter your passphrase and choose Join.
- You may be prompted to accept a certificate. The information listed will be:
- Name: pf.fit.edu
- Issued by: DigiCert SHA2 High Assurance Server CA
- Expires: 2/4/2021