To create a list sign into https://lists.fit.edu/sympa/.
If you are using your TRACKS account to login, click the "TRACKS-CAS" button in the upper-right. This will bring you to the standard CAS page. Enter your TRACKS username and password to proceed back to the ListServer.
If you are using an external email to login, you will need to enter the email and password you used when registering to the ListServer into the fields shown below.
Once done, click "Create List" under the Florida Tech banner as shown below.
On the page that comes up you will need to fill out the following:
- List name: This is the name that users will email to and search for on the ListServer website. Please note that "@lists.fit.edu" is automatically appended to the end of whatever is put into this field.
- List type: These are some templetes of commonly used list types. Please select the one that closest fits your needs. All options can be changed after the list has been created.
- Subject: This is the quick description of the list that users will see on the "List of lists" page as well as the list's home page as well.
- Topics: This dropdown of topics is defaulted from the software. If one of them fits your subject you are welcome to choose it, otherwise select "Other".
- Description: This is where you can put any relevant information regarding your list or organization that you want users to be able to see.
The image below shows how the information is displayed.
Once all the required information has been filled, click "Submit your creation request" at the bottom of the page.
Once done, one of the Administrators will either approve the list or reject it.
Common reasons for rejection include:
1. Contains profane language.
2. Similar list already exists
3. Selling non-FIT related materials. (We limit this to fitforum only)
If an Administrator has not reviewed your list within a couple days, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org letting them know the name of your list.Tags: lists