Florida Tech partners with Google to provide students with an email address and other tools in the form of a Google Applications account. Google Applications has its own password associated with your TRACKS username.
It's important to note that your Google Applications password is not the same as your TRACKS password. While your TRACKS password expires every 180 days, your Google Applications password never expires. The reason for this difference is due to Google's account configuration.
There are circumstances under which uncommon or older platforms may require the use of your Google Applications password in order to add your student email to your device. Otherwise, CAS authentication with your normal TRACKS username and password should work.
As a precautionary measure, you should follow these instructions to set up your Google Applications password in case configuration of your email address calls for its use.
If you have already set a Google Applications password, skip these instructions and scroll down to the Andriod OS or iOS instructions.
Setting Up Your Google Applications Password
1. Go to the website: http://mail.my.fit.edu and sign in with your TRACKS username and password.
2. Once signed in, open the "Settings" menu by clicking the gear icon in the top righ-hand corner of the window.
4. Select "Settings" from the dropdown menu.
5. Click on the "Forwarding and POP/IMAP" tab. Next to "IMAP Access:," click to "Enable IMAP."
Click "Save Changes" to save the configuration.
6. Go to TRACKS Password Change System: https://tracks.fit.edu/tracks/passwd/
7. Once in the TRACKS Password Change System, click the dropdown menu next to "Type:" and select "Google Applications."
8. Create a Google Applications password by entering it and then verifying it in the fields shown.
Ensure that the password meets the requirements listed at the bottom of the page. Click "Change Password" to continue.
9. If the password sets correctly, you will see the following message:
Your Google Applications password is now set. As mentioned above, it can be used in case your device will not configure by logging into CAS authentication with your TRACKS password.
For Andriod OS
1. Go to "Settings" and tap "Accounts & sync."
2. Tap "ADD ACCOUNT."
3. Tap "Google."
4. The device may ask for your PIN or fingerprint (if capable). Tap "Next" when done.
5. Enter your full email address as shown in the example below, then tap "NEXT."
6. Your email address should appear at the top of the next screen. Tap "ACCEPT" to continue.
7. The screen for CAS Authenication should pop up as shown below:
8. Enter your TRACKS username and password in the designated fields, then tap "LOGIN."
9. The final screen should ask you if you wish to set up payment information. You can skip this by selecting "No thanks," and then tapping "CONTINUE."
Your email account should now be set up for use with Android OS.
For iOS (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch)
1. Go to "Settings" and scroll down to "Mail, Contacts, Calendars."
Under "Accounts," tap "Add Account."
2. Tap "Google."
3. Enter your full email address as shown in the example below, then tap "NEXT."
4. The screen for CAS Authenication should pop up as shown below:
5. Enter your TRACKS username and password in the designated fields, then tap "LOGIN."
6. Select which features you wish to sync with your device, then tap "Save."
7. You will see that "Gmail" has been added under "ACCOUNTS."
Your email account should now be set up for use with iOS.Tags: android, email, gmail, google, iphone, student