Purpose and Scope
This procedure aims to familiarize IT users with the steps to install and configure the FortiClient VPN.
- To download the client, open a web browser to the following address: https://vpn.fit.edu
- Login with your domain and password.
- If FortiToken is configured, you will receive a prompt to enter your token.
- Once you Login, the webpage will fully load.
- Select the appropriate "FortiClient" for your computer OS to begin the FortiClient download process.
- Launch the executable and click Yes to accept.
- Check the box to accept the License Agreement and click the Next button.
- Click the box for VPN Only.
- Accept the default Destination Folder and click the Next button.
- Click the Install button.
- Click the Finish button.
- Launch FortiClient and click the link to Configure VPN.
- Configure the SSL-VPN only with the following settings:
- Connection Name – Enter the name for the VPN connection.
- Remote Gateway – The VPN address is vpn.fit.edu.
- Chose the option to Save login.
- Username – Enter your username (optional).
- Click the Apply button.
- Click the Close button.
- A fully configured FortiClient VPN will present the following screen:
- Enter your password and click the Connect button. (Notice the status message – Status: 45%.)
- The FortiClient will now prompt for the FortiToken:
- Enter the FortiToken code and click the OK button to complete the VPN process.