How to Connect to Student RDS for PC and Mac Users
*** IMPORTANT: ***
You will need to go to the website: http://itservices.fit.edu/tssa and agree to own the license to activate the software before you can use the sofware on the StudentRDS server.
For Windows (For Mac instructions click here)
For a list of software available through studentRDS click here.
1. In the search box in the start menu type, "Remote", choose Remote Desktop Connection
2. Then type studentrds.fit.edu, this will allow you to login to a server set up for remote access, using your tracks ID
3. The default setting will allow the clipboard to be accessed, but if you want to be able to drag and drop files into your computers hard drive you can also enable local drives by clicking "Show Options" on the menu above. They will show up under the Computer menu on the server.
4. Once you click Options, then choose "Local Resources", and more and it will enable to file drag and drop option once you log in.
5. Click OK.
6. Click on the "Advanced" tab, followed by the "Settings..." button under the 'Connect form anywhere' section.
7. A screen will pop up titled "RD Gateway Server Settings". Use these settings:
- Under "Connection settings":
- Server name: "portal.fit.edu"
- Logon method: "Allow me to select later" (Default)
- Check "Bypass RD Gateway server for local addresses" (Default)
- Select "Use these RD Gateway server settings:"
- Under "Logon settings":
- Check "Use my RD Gateway credentials for the remote server" (This keeps you from needing to login twice)