NOTE: Accessing UDrive and SDrive in this manner is not available from non-FIT networks (off campus) due to security issues. For access from non-FIT networks (Off Campus Access), please see the following FAQ: How can I access my UDrive?
Windows 10 (See Mac Instructions)
- Open File Explorer.
- Left-click "This PC" on the left side of the window, then right-click "Map network drive..."
- In the Map Network Drive window, select the drive letter from the dropdown list adjacent to Drive. Note: The selected letter is a personal choice and will not impact the ability to map a shared folder.
- Type the name of the location of the folder to be mapped:
- For UDrive \\udrive.fit.edu\[TRACKS]. (for example: \\udrive.fit.edu\exampleusername)
- For SDrive \\sdrive.fit.edu\foldername
- Check the checkbox for "Connect using different credentials"
- Click Finish button in the Map Network Drive window
- When a dialog box appears, enter your username as FLTECH\[TRACKS USERNAME] and your TRACKS account password in the password field.
- You can now see the mapped network drive on the Computer window.
- From the Apple Menu, select the "Go' menu.
- Select "Connect to Server."
- Udrive: Type smb://udrive.fit.edu/[Your TRACKS username] in the server address box, for example smb://udrive.fit.edu/your_tracksid, click theÂ + to add the server to the list
- SDrive:Type smb://sdrive.fit.edu/[foldername or share] in the server address box, click the + to add the server to the list
- Click Connect
- Enter your TRACKS username (you can try fltech/username, if you find you are having trouble connecting) and password when prompted.
- The home directory will now be available on your desktop and the finder. You may have to browse to your specific folder with your username to open it.
Tags: tracks, udrive