Florida Tech is transitioning to Duo Security for two-factor authentication.
Watch a quick overview video about Duo: Introduction to Duo Security
Read the complete guide to Duo two-factor authentication: https://guide.duo.com/
These steps will walk through the set up and process for using Duo.
The set up must be completed on a computer and you will need to have access to the smartphone and
other devices* you will be using to complete your authentication.
*Office of Information Technology (OIT) recommends using a smart phone as the primary device and the office landline as your secondary device.
Step One: Welcome Screen
When you first attempt to activate Banner 9 or Workflow, you will be presented with a Welcome and start Set Up screen for enrolling in Duo. Click on the green Start set up button to begin the enrollment process.
Step Two: Choose Primary Device for Authentication
Select the type of device you’d like to enroll and click Continue. (Mobile phone is recommended for your primary device, with landline as a backup.)
Step 3: Enter Your Phone Number
1. Select your country from the drop down menu (U.S. is default)
2. Use the number of the smartphone, landline or cell phone you will most likely have with you when you’re logging into the Florida Tech CAS system.
3. Verify that you have entered the number correctly, check the box and click Continue.
Step 4: Choose Device Platform
Choose your device’s operating system and click Continue.
Step 5: Install Duo Mobile
1. Launch the App Store on your mobile phone.
2. Get the Duo Mobile App and install it.
3. Tap "OK" when asked if Duo Mobile should be able to send push notifications.
Step 6: Activate Duo Mobile
Activating the app links it to your account so you can use it for authentication. Follow the platform specific instructions on the screen
The Continue button will be clickable and have a green check on it after you scan the barcode successfully. Click Continue to go on. Then follow the prompts on your smart phone and computer to complete the process of linking your smartphone to your account.
Step 7: (Optional) Set up Your Device Name and Select Notification Method
- Click on My Settings and Devices.
- You can enter a name for your device here.
- You can also select how you would like authentication notifications to be sent by choosing your preference from the drop down
menu next to “When I log in:”
- Click Save to save your settings.
Congratulations! Your smart phone is ready to approve Duo authentication requests.
- Click on Send Me a Push.
- A “Login Request” notification will be sent to your phone.
- Follow the normal process to access notifications on your phone (e.g. tap, swipe left, or swipe right), then tap Approve/Confirm to allow the login.
Step 8: Add a Second Device.
OIT recommends that you add your office landline in case you lose or do not have your smart phone with you.
- Click on “Add a new device.”
- You may need to confirm that you are requesting a new device. Duo will send a notification to your smartphone (primary) device). Once you confirm, you will be prompted to the next step.
- Choose “Landline” (recommended) and click Continue.
Step 9: Enter the Phone Number for Second Device
- Choose your country (U.S. is default).
- Enter your office phone number.
- Verify you have entered the correct number by checking the box.
- Click Continue.
Step 10: Finish Enrolling Landline
- Follow the prompts to finish enrolling your office phone.
- To have Duo authenticate via your landline, click on the Call Me button.
- Duo will call your office phone. Pick up the line then tap any key on the phone. Your computer screen will then open to the page you tried to log into.