Students are responsible for all mail sent to their @my.fit.edu address. If you want to forward your email to another account, you can do so via web based email client. The instructions below do not apply to Exchange (@fit.edu) users.
Student @my.fit.edu users:
- Sign in to https://my.fit.edu.
- Click this link to get to the settings page: https://mail.google.com/mail/?shva=1#settings/fwdandpop
- If the step 2 link DID work, skip to step 8. If step 2 DID NOT work, continue to step 4.
- Click your Account name at the top of the Mail page.
- Click on Account Settings.
- Click on Settings to the right of Gmail.
- Click on the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Click on the Add a forwarding address button.
- Enter the email address to which you'd like your messages forwarded.
- It will send a verification email to the forwarding email address. Follow the instructions in the email.
- Reload the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab.
- Select the action you'd like your messages to take from the drop-down menu. You can choose to keep Gmail's copy of the message in your inbox, or you can send it automatically to All Mail or Trash.
- Click on Save Changes.
Please note: While email forwarding may work after following these instructions, it is not a service that is provided and therefore is not supported.